Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Being Still and Day 29 of Step Challenge-She Splendid With Kimberly Conrad



So True!

People often ask me how I handle balancing multiple businesses and other endeavors, family, grandbabies, etc. I do have my hands in many, many pots, but I always have, so it does not seem unusual to me. That being said, the older I get, the easer it is to get into overwhelm. I despise overwhelm. When I am in overwhelm, nothing is enjoyable, and normal problems can seem insurmountable. It is just such a yucky state to be in. I have been meditating for years, BUT I now find that I have to stop and go to a private space and get quiet for 15 minutes multiple times a day, these days. Once a day doesn't cut it.

Yesterday, for example, was a long computer day, but the dogs were being needy, and we have had company in and out (which is lovely, but the dogs go nuts every time someone comes or goes) and I just needed a change of scenery. So I packed up my writing materials, and headed to the parking lot of our local park, reclined my seat, closed my eyes, engaged in some blissful quiet time, then wrote in my car for over an hour. If I can turn my brain off ( which is what meditation does for me) for even 5-10 minutes, I get a total reset. If I did not get quiet like this multiple times a day, nobody would like me, including me!!




Yesterday was Day 29 of my 10,000 Steps Challenge. Did it, but it required some late night jogging. Yesterday was a big computer day, lots of sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: