Monday, December 28, 2020

Child-like Wonder-She Splendid With Kimberly Conrad

“Never Lose Your Child-like Wonder”

I don’t know who actually first said this, but I remember it being a line in one of my favorite movies, Under the Tuscan Sun. Children have the ability to marvel at everyday things.
They find Beauty everywhere they look, and their curiosity keeps them in a constant state of excitement!

I have 3 precious grandkids, and it’s it amazing how just being with them changes the way I look at everything. When you’re with a child it’s so easy to see things through their eyes. I’d love to live this way, in a state of child-like wonder and joy, to be un-jaded by the disappointments of life. It can be done. I know that for a fact, because I’ve lived that way before.

This year it has been harder, because where I used to see them every week, and have regular doses of this state of mind, I’ve seen them very little due to Covid. But we have this wonderful thing my friends, this truly fascinating thing called a mind! 

And the great news is we have complete control over our mind through the thoughts we think. Through our thoughts, we can create any “feeling” we desire to have, and transport ourselves back in time, and feel again the complete joy of past experiences or forward in time, and feel the excitement and joy of how we desire things to be, as if they have already happened.

What we as adults call visualization, that takes some effort, is the imagination we had as children that came so naturally. I never want to lose the ability to transport myself to a state of childlike wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: