Thursday, May 14, 2020

It's Okay to just "BE", Life Coach Kimberly Conrad with She Splendid



Hello Lovely Ladies

I know most of us are stuck at home right now, but that's just geography. Most of the women I know are working harder than ever. It's exhausting, right? And then because we are woking from home, there are expectations of us by others, that aren't usually there, because WE aren't usually there.

Yesterday morning there was a big, very busy wasp flying around the breakfast nook. He was dive bombing us and the dogs. I cannot stand to kill anything....it even breaks my heart to kill a spider now, so Mom killed him in the windowsill of the kitchen, but left him there for the time being. 

I came back to the kitchen like an hour later and I saw his broken little body, and I just broke down crying, I mean wailing out loud, the ugly cry, not a soft slow tear slipping down the cheek. You would have thought it was a human, or a doggy, not an insect. 

Often when there are very emotional things happening around us (and in the world) we push our emotions down. We hold back the tears, and just keep going, because everyday life and work is still happening, and often at those times, requiring more of us on many levels.

I guess what I want to say is, it's okay to feel your emotions, and its okay to cry. It's even healthy to cry. I read that our tears contain cortisol, the stress hormone. So, there is a scientific reason for why we feel better after a cry. You don't have to be superwoman every single day. It's OKAY to allow yourself to just "BE".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: