Thursday, November 7, 2019

The Only Person that Needs to Believe in Your Dreams is YOU!!!!



I have been running like a mad woman the past couple of weeks finishing up the new space and getting ready for my Grand Opening-Six Year Anniversary Celebration at my art gallery in Denver, which is happening this weekend. I shared with you recently that I doubled my gallery space, which was a wonderful thing for my coaching practice as well, because now I have the space for larger group sessions.

Last week I promised photos soon, but then spent the week rearranging the space a dozen times!! So photos will still come. Once I get through this weekend, my attention will be back to finishing up the first She Splendid online course. As I am preparing for this very special weekend, and reflecting on my journey to this place, I wanted to share a blog post I wrote a few years ago, in hopes that it might encourage you on, and spur you on in pursuing your own dreams:)


Here is the previous post:

I once came across a TIP given by an artist in a magazine that I thought was very powerful - I have said this very thing to myself and my clients in a variety of ways- but here is hers...

 "There will be no shortage of SHOULD-ERS in your life, saying you should do this, you should do that. Rise to the challenge of listening to your own voice, and to that one be true."


This resonates with me, and I am sure with most of you as well. The truth is that if I had listened to some of the well-meaning folk in my own life, I would not be doing most of what I am doing today, or many of the things that were stepping stones that led me to where I am today.

It's not that "THEY" don't love you, or that they don't want you to be happy, it's just that your VISION is your own. It was breathed into you, usually in such a profound, divine way, that you KNOW it is your path. It was NOT breathed into them.....they cannot see what you see.

Many SHOULD-ERS cannot have the faith in you that you have in yourself until there is tangible evidence of success. This, I know first hand can make for a scary, lonely journey - especially in the early stages of growing a business, or pursuing a dream. I believe it is incredibly important to surround yourself with like-minded women. They don't have to be pursuing the same dream you are, but women who are not only dreaming, but passionately pursuing those dreams. Women that feed your spirit and energize you, women with whom there can be an exchange, of ideas, support and encouragement.

I am very fortunate to have a FABULOUS network of women in my life, both professionally and personally. We are all very busy- so our time together is often tough to schedule- yet once we commit- we always leave each other's company energized, inspired and ready to go to the next level in some area of our lives. If you do not have such a network, I would encourage, even CHALLENGE you to get to work on that immediately!!:)

AND....once you have created these relationships, keep your meetings near the top of your priority list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: