Thursday, June 20, 2019

A Delightful Surprise-She Splendid With Kimberly Conrad



Look what little treasure I stumbled upon on my evening walk A couple of nights ago! This lovely little hand painted heart shaped rock was perched upon a big boulder in a community flower bed next to the sidewalk.

It was such an unexpected little gift, and felt as if it had been placed there just to delight me. I know of course that it was not. But I got to thinking..... did some beautiful person put it there just to bring joy to passersby? Was it a test to see if the viewers would leave it there or if someone would take it home with them? Or maybe it was a message passing between forbidden lovers? I experienced forbidden love as a teenager and know first hand, how creative we can be in our methods of communication!

I left it there hoping the other walkers would notice it and be just as delighted, and I of course didn’t want to interfere with any special message being passed between Starcrossed lovers!

It gave me a fabulous idea! If you followed me for a very long you know that I love 30 day challenges. I think they are fun, but also for me it’s a  creative way to practice commitment and self-discipline. Every time I complete even the most trivial of 30 day challenges, I feel more empowered and more capable of accomplishing whatever I set my mind to.

In the past year I’ve shared 30 tea cups in 30 days, 30 books in 30 days, 30 flowers in 30 days, 30 days of self-care (not my greatest success) and most recently a 30 day step challenge.
So I thought what if I painted 30 rocks and wrote messages of love and hope , and placed one in a different place along on my walk each day, and trust it would be found by the exact person who needed that exact message?

I decided do it! That’s going to be my next 30 day challenge. I’m not going to start it until next week because this week is super busy and I need a few days to get some rocks painted.

Would anyone like to join me in this challenge? It dooesn’t have to be a painted rock it could be a word on a post it note, or whatever creative way you have I have passing a message to a stranger for the next 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: